, , , ,

Coloring in B&W with Hints of Sepia



Hello lovelies!

Here's another inspirational post for Saturated Canary...



A simple card with a stamped image colored in b&w/sepia tones.

All papers used here are Melissa Frances and the rest are embellishments that I found in my stash (cheese cloth, trims, seam binding, paper flowers, rhinestones). The paper wreath is a die by Memory Box and I ran a machine stitching and then did some distressing to the edges to add some depth.




This time I am featuring the lovely *Sweet Oklahoma* stamp, which I colored with Prismacolor Pencils.

And here's a little disclaimer about it so to avoid any confusion: the image was meant to be in sepia AND in person it does look brownish, but in the video and in the pics it looks more black and white. This is the first time that I color a sepia/b&w image using Prismacolors and honestly, I wasn't following any guides or color scheme. Still I like how it turned out and I will definitely be doing this again.



And below you will find a *speed-coloring* video on how I colored this image, so I hope that you find it useful.




Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe to my *You Tube Channel* right here.
Share:

4 comments:

  1. oh my my my my my Yani this is just delicious hunny, its absolutely stunning
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yani, me encanto! Gracias por compartirlo. Lo voy a practicar.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encanta el contraste de las flores en colores y la chica en negro y tonos de grises. Te votastes !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yan,i como siempre tus trabajos inspiradores y fabulosos.
    Ya me habia atrevido a practicar colorear asi... que bueno que tienes el tutorial ahora intentare nuevamente.
    Los colores que use se parecen dos o tres pero es lo mismo... ahora a seguir practicando.
    Saludos, Sony

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! I really appreciate it :-)